router D-LINK problem

Help with configurate TYPSoft FTP Server with a router/proxy/firewall

Moderators: MonsterBill, Seth6, Marc Bergeron

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
nacobo
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

router D-LINK problem

Postby nacobo » Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:49 pm

Hi, before my posting, i have to admite that typsoft ftp server is the best. Lite and efficient!

Yesterday I configured ftp server on my home machine and it works perfect, there i have a cablemodem conection and i didn´t have any problem.

The thing is today when I tried many times to configure it in my work computer, it didn´t work.
Because I have a router and a lan with 2 computer, reading the forum I configured the FTP Virtual server (on my router settings) telling to forward to my internal ip lan adress 192.168.0.1 with the port 1080. Also I set ftp server to the port 1080 too, and start it to listen. The thing is i can´t connect to it, and i´m tired to try and try.

I have a cablemodem connection, and my router configured to ´dinamic ip adress´ by default, could this be the problem? I didn´t worry about this because my ip never changes and it´s always the same.

I have no firewalls running, but how I can check if the router-integrated-firewall isn´t blocking the connection?

Could I test the connection via ftp client from the same computer without getting out of my office?

thanks a lot, please help, I read all topics but still confused with this. :?

MonsterBill
Super User

Re: router D-LINK problem

Postby MonsterBill » Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:44 pm

Hi.

Do you use a real FTP client to connect to your server ? If you're using a web client (i.e. IE) - it's bad -, the fact is you need to add ":port" (in your case ":1080") at the end of the address. Anyway, even with a real FTP client, you need to specify the right port for the client to be able to connect to the server.

Is 192.168.0.1 the IP address of the server or the one of the router ? You need to put the IP of the server, here.

In any case, the first thing to do is checking if your TFS responds to a connection try from the server computer itself (using an FTP client, of course). For this test, either 127.0.0.1, localhost or the local IP of the server can be use. The second test is to use another computer on the local network as the client and give it the local IP of the server. Testing from the Internet will be the next step, providing that the first ones have been successful.
Utilisez
Consultez et .
L'informatique, ? Et ?
Le FTP est défini par .

nacobo

Postby nacobo » Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:51 pm

thanks a lot monsterBill!!

luckily I could configure my router and firewall and port settings. Finally I used the default port 21.

Then the user could connect but not download, so I open the port 20 too and it works, have I to open some other port? I was asking me if it's dangerous open the all-known port 21 to accept connections or it's the same that open 1080?

thanks again!

nacobo

Postby nacobo » Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:53 pm

oh sorry you answer me in the other post!!

thanks!

Return to “TYPSoft FTP Server and Router/Proxy/Firewall”